Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-Week Online Course
MBSR is designed to relieve stress and increase well-being in both personal and professional settings.
As you consider registering for this course, please be aware of the following:
- It is important to attend all sessions of the course.
- A personal commitment to MBSR meditation practice of 45-60 minutes daily at least six days per week for eight weeks is essential. The time can be divided into two meditations if desired. Your commitment is essential. It is the practice of mindfulness meditation that will enable you to fully realize its benefits.
- A personal commitment to practice mindfulness in daily living will enhance the benefits of the MBSR practices. We can bring mindfulness to eating, walking, driving, interpersonal relationships, anytime throughout the day.
- In addition to meditation practice, you will have home assignments to complete in preparation for each class session.
This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Inquiry exercises to enhance awareness in everyday life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and worksheets
Wednesday, September 9, 10am: Free introduction class as part of our Wednesday Connect series!
Monday, September 21, 9:30am-12pm: Class#0, Meet Instructors and participants, inquire about technical matters and ensure you understand the course.
Course Starts Monday, September 28 – November, 9:30am-12pm
Monday, September 28 (Class#1), October 5,12, 19 and 26, November 2, 9 and 16
Retreat day Saturday November 7, 9am-3:30pm
About your Instructors
Helen Kim is a Korean psychiatrist who came to UC San Diego, Center for Mindfulness (CFM) to learn about mindfulness interventions in depth. As a psychiatrist and a working mom she saw a lot of stress in her patients as well as within herself. She has found mindfulness to be a wonderful tool that promotes wellbeing from awareness and wisdom we all have within. She is currently teaching MBSR at UCSD, Center for Mindfulness. She likes to cook, walk and read.
Sofia Puerta Webber is a Colombian writer and journalist, yoga instructor and mindfulness teacher. She has been teaching yoga and meditation for 15 years to people from all ages and conditions. Sofia is the creator of Shiwido™ the toy with exercise in mind. She likes to paraglide, swim, hike, run, roller blade and gardening.